What is working for you to get NEO'S sign?

This forum is dedicated exclusively to the registered members of the OCS Program. All other members posts will be considered spam and will be deleted.

Moderator: NARS

What is working for you to get NEO'S sign?

Postby Isaac Duenas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:28 am

I ask this question because I feel I'm truly applying what I know about this business. But apparently what I'm doing is not working.
So what is the most effective way? I called sellers over and over again using the old scrip (I'm looking for someone selling on their own that in return for a full price offer is willing to ...blablablabla), and lately I'm just saying: "Hi my name is Isaac, I'm calling about your property for sale. Will you take payments on the house?". Well apparently this approach is not working for me either. Scott what advice can you give me? or what do you say on the phone?

I personally feel I cannot just say whatever comes to my mind in the calls. I need to have a word by word script. Is that wrong? What do you exactly say to sellers Scott on the phone?

Now, what about emails? I've been using the 3 email approach for the OCS members. Is this approach better than calling people?.

Now, the reason I'm asking these questions is because I just want to close one dam transaction and I'm willing to do anything it takes to make it happen.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Isaac
"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure."
-Napoleon Hill-
Isaac Duenas
Platinum Contributor
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:59 pm
Location: Holladay, Utah

Re: What is working for you to get NEO'S sign?

Postby Scott_L._Moyes » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Isaac Duenas wrote:What do you exactly say to sellers Scott on the phone?


Without exception I follow the original script.

Isaac Duenas wrote:Now, what about emails? I've been using the 3 email approach for the OCS members. Is this approach better than calling people?.


I do not recommend emails. The are very impersonal and DO NOT work. The only exception to that is only an email to introduce yourself and ask JUST ONE question.

"I saw your home (forsalebyowner or whatever), is it still available". That's it, that's the email.

Now just leave them your number to call or ask them to send their's. If the property is still available, CALL THEM! DO NOT email them back. Cal and talk to them personally, period.

Isaac Duenas wrote:Now, the reason I'm asking these questions is because I just want to close one dam transaction and I'm willing to do anything it takes to make it happen. Isaac


What happened to sending me the Profile/Questionnaire prior to making an offer? I get your call record every week but no Profiles or requests for assistance with making an offer or talking with sellers to answer their questions.

Let's work together, Fair Enough?
Scott L. Moyes, "TheSmarREI"
NARS National Training Director
Scott@LandTrust.net
"Education Is The Foundation On Which Your Financial House Will Be Built"
User avatar
Scott_L._Moyes
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: What is working for you to get NEO'S sign?

Postby Isaac Duenas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:12 am

Scott_L._Moyes wrote:
Isaac Duenas wrote:What do you exactly say to sellers Scott on the phone?


Without exception I follow the original script.

Isaac Duenas wrote:Now, what about emails? I've been using the 3 email approach for the OCS members. Is this approach better than calling people?.


I do not recommend emails. The are very impersonal and DO NOT work. The only exception to that is only an email to introduce yourself and ask JUST ONE question.

"I saw your home (forsalebyowner or whatever), is it still available". That's it, that's the email.

Now just leave them your number to call or ask them to send their's. If the property is still available, CALL THEM! DO NOT email them back. Cal and talk to them personally, period.

Isaac Duenas wrote:Now, the reason I'm asking these questions is because I just want to close one dam transaction and I'm willing to do anything it takes to make it happen. Isaac


What happened to sending me the Profile/Questionnaire prior to making an offer? I get your call record every week but no Profiles or requests for assistance with making an offer or talking with sellers to answer their questions.

Let's work together, Fair Enough?



Thank you for the clarification about emailing sellers. I will focus more in getting my calls done.
"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure."
-Napoleon Hill-
Isaac Duenas
Platinum Contributor
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:59 pm
Location: Holladay, Utah

Postby sstanton » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Issac,

FYI: I did an email campaign last year for about three months. I send 100s of emails out (don't remember the exact count), of those I was able to send out about 100 NEOs and got two signed. Never found the buyers for them, but that is the results of emailing and never talking to the seller until the have an NEO in front of them.

I tried many different versions of emails of the time period, none seemed to work any better than others.

I got 90% of my leads from Craigslist. I could cover more ground faster, but, in the end, nothing will beat doing exactly what Scott just said.

The biggest reason that I did not get more signed was; I was locked into specific terms with a RE Broker and it did not leave room for us to negotiate. Many sellers did not like the terms.

I was getting about 1 in 30 email to get to an NEO state. That was done without ever talking to the seller. I actually took a page from Scott on this approach.

I like Scotts suggestion to let him call them next week. The results of that would be quite interesting.
Stu

My Facebook Home
******
sstanton
Platinum Contributor
 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Big Sky country

Postby Isaac Duenas » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 am

sstanton wrote:Issac,

FYI: I did an email campaign last year for about three months. I send 100s of emails out (don't remember the exact count), of those I was able to send out about 100 NEOs and got two signed. Never found the buyers for them, but that is the results of emailing and never talking to the seller until the have an NEO in front of them.

I tried many different versions of emails of the time period, none seemed to work any better than others.

I got 90% of my leads from Craigslist. I could cover more ground faster, but, in the end, nothing will beat doing exactly what Scott just said.

The biggest reason that I did not get more signed was; I was locked into specific terms with a RE Broker and it did not leave room for us to negotiate. Many sellers did not like the terms.

I was getting about 1 in 30 email to get to an NEO state. That was done without ever talking to the seller. I actually took a page from Scott on this approach.

I like Scotts suggestion to let him call them next week. The results of that would be quite interesting.


Hundreds of emails and only two NEO's signed??? That's crazy, well at least you got a NEO signed. But I understand your point. Thank you Stu for sharing that. Things a little bit more clear for me now. By the way Stu where are you located at?
"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure."
-Napoleon Hill-
Isaac Duenas
Platinum Contributor
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:59 pm
Location: Holladay, Utah

Postby sstanton » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:47 pm

I am in South west Montana in the sleepy little town of Three Forks. Named from the fact that the Jefferson, Madison and Gallatin rivers merge here to create the Mighty Mo (missouri river).

We, the RE Broker and I, were asking for 90% of FMV and a term of 6 months or less. The RE Broker said he had 1000s of buyers that he can get financed in that time frame with his credit repair company and a special lender he had. We both thought that the slow market in that area would make the sellers think about this, but in the end, they did not go for it.

The two that were signed were already under value and we were able to offer them slightly more than the asking price.

So much for the 1000s of buyers, not one wanted either property. Go figure.

Email marketing is a bulk application that takes more work with poorer results than phone calling, but it does work. And for those who hate phone calling, it is an option. Just don't expect things to happen quickly. And it still takes a call to get even a chance to get an NEO signed. I talked at length to both sellers before they signed.
Stu

My Facebook Home
******
sstanton
Platinum Contributor
 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Big Sky country

Postby Scott_L._Moyes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Isaac Duenas wrote:Hundreds of emails and only two NEO's signed??? That's crazy


That's not crazy, that's just the numbers. It is waaaaay better than direct mail and if you called those people instead of emailed them the numbers would 10x better.
Scott L. Moyes, "TheSmarREI"
NARS National Training Director
Scott@LandTrust.net
"Education Is The Foundation On Which Your Financial House Will Be Built"
User avatar
Scott_L._Moyes
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Postby areyes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:14 pm

ahhhh this side of the forum seems more refreshing. too much clutter on the main thread for NON-EHT stuff.
User avatar
areyes
Platinum Contributor
 
Posts: 1185
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:21 am
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Postby Scott_L._Moyes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:07 pm

areyes wrote:ahhhh this side of the forum seems more refreshing. too much clutter on the main thread for NON-EHT stuff.


This side of the forum is strictly for paid OCS Members Only.
Scott L. Moyes, "TheSmarREI"
NARS National Training Director
Scott@LandTrust.net
"Education Is The Foundation On Which Your Financial House Will Be Built"
User avatar
Scott_L._Moyes
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah


Return to OCS Training Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron