Newbie to Discussion Boards

General tips and help on using the features of this board

Moderators: NARS, Moderators

Newbie to Discussion Boards

Postby gerilv » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:51 pm

Hi!  I'm not a youngster and am having trouble getting started in the discussion boards....<br><br>Is there a place to go to learn how to navigate a board and what the initials mean?  YaBB?<br><br>Is there a quick way to go to the end of a long post?  Some of the posts on Jim's board start last January... how can I get to the end quickly?<br><br>Thanks for any guidance!!  Geri
gerilv

Re: Newbie to Discussion Boards

Postby admin » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:04 pm

Hi Geri,<br><br>You can start with my post that goes through some basics HERE<br><br>Or for more general info, you can go to HERE<br><br>Jim's got a lot of info on his board and you can pull the scroll bar down instead of just clicking on the down arrow.<br><br>As for what YaBB means...well, it's a bit of programmer humour - not mine - and it's an acronym for Yet another Bulletin Board...<br><br>Feel free to post any other questions!<br><br>Best Regards,<br><br>Ed
System Administrator
Webmaster
Nice Guy
818.610.8801 x102
admin

Postby heres_to_nars » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:28 am

[quote author=gerilv link=board=Usage;num=1095295893;start=0#0 date=09/15/04 at 17:51:33]Is there a quick way to go to the end of a long post? ?Some of the posts on Jim's board start last January... how can I get to the end quickly?[/quote]<br><br>I know what you mean about Jim's posts.  Just pass 'em up and go straight to the end.  Just kidding.  As you know, his posts, as those of many others, are really quite excellent.<br><br>If you're in the middle of a thread you can just scroll down or hold the "Control" key and then hit the "End" key on your keyboard and it will take you to the end of any thread that you're in.
heres_to_nars

Postby mazevedo » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:30 am

Geri,<br><br>If a thread has more than one page, look below it's title for the exact number of pages. The following screen grab will clarify:<br><br>Image<br><br>In the above example, clicking on "3" will take you to the 3rd and in this example, last page of the thread. To get to the very bottom of the resulting page either use the right-hand scroll bar or Michael's excellent shortcut key combo of <Ctrl> + <End>.<br><br>Be peaceful,<br><br> -  Mark.
Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
mazevedo
Platinum Contributor

Return to Click here to find out how to use this Board